Frozen Margherita (margarita) Pie
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 40, plus 8 hours freeze time
- Total Time: 40 minutes; and 8 hours freeze time
|*2 1/2 Cups of Salted Pretzel Sticks, set aside a few for garnishing|
|*1/3 Cup of Sugar|
|*1 Stick of Butter|
|*1 Can Sweetened-condensed Milk|
|*1 Tablespoon Lime Zest|
|*1 Teaspoon Lime Zest--set Aside|
|*2 Tablespoons Lime Juice|
|*1 1/2 Tablespoon Tequila|
|*1 1/2 Cups of Heavy, whipping cream|
|*4 Drops Green Food Coloring|
|*2 Drops Yellow Food Coloring|
|*1 1/2 Tablespoon of Triple Sec or Comparable Liqueur|
1. Coat 9-inch pie plate with non-stick spray, and set aside.
2. Pulse pretzels and sugar in a food processor, until med-fine crumbs form.
3. Add butter, and process to blend
4. Press into bottom and side of pie plate
5. Place in freezer to harden
6. in a medium mixing bow, add milk, lime zest, lime juice, Tequila, Triple Sec or Contreau, and food color--mix well.
7. In a separate bowl, beat the heavy-whipping cream on med-high speed until soft peaks form, when the beaters are lifted.
8. Gradually, fold in the lime-mixture, until blended.
9. Remove crust from the freezer, and pour lime mixture evenly into crust.
10. Freeze uncovered for six hours.
11. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for a minimum of two MORE hours.
12. Garnish with set-aside pretzel sticks, and set-aside lime zest.
*To serve, unwrap and place in the refrigerator for approximately 15 minutes, for easier slicing.
**This dish can be left frozen for up to three months! ...a definite dish to make ahead for holiday gatherings!