Cranberry Noodle Kugel
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
|8 oz||Wide Egg Noodles|
|1 cup||Small Curd Cottage Cheese|
|½ cup||Whole Milk|
|½ cup||Sour Cream|
|4 oz||Cream Cheese, softened|
|3 Tbsp||Butter, melted|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1 tsp||Almond Extract|
|½ tsp||Kosher Salt|
|⅔ cup||Dried, sweetened cranberries like craisins|
|2 Tbsp||White Sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Brown Sugar|
|½ tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|½ tsp||Ground Cardamom|
|¼ tsp||Ground Ginger|
|Handful Dried Cranberries|
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 X 8 baking pan, casserole dish or single serving ramekins.
1. Cook egg noodles in a large pot of salted, boiling water according to directions on the package for casseroles. Noodles should be cooked through but still very firm, then drain.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, cottage cheese, milk, sour cream, sugar, butter, cream cheese, extracts and salt. Stir in the dried cranberries.
3. Fold egg noodles into cottage cheese mixture, then pour into prepared baking dish.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients, then sprinkle the mixture on top of the kugel.
5. Bake until sauce is bubbly and topping is golden, about 1 hour for casserole dishes or 40 minutes for single serving ramekins.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Optionally, garnish each serving with a few cranberries and a sprig of mint to resemble holly.
Feel free to substitute gluten free rice noodles.